I am a lecturer and researcher at the University of Mondragon. My research interests include software engineering and software testing areas, mostly related to the application of these techniques in the context of Cyber-Physical Systems. In the last few years, my research has centered on the test oracle problem for this context and test optimization techniques.
My research is industry-oriented. I collaborate with different industrial companies to better understand which their real problems are.
I am currently involved in the coordination of the Adeptness project, although I actively participate in the technical part. Specifically, I am working on automated approaches for the multi-level testing of Cyber-Physical Systems.
I am currently involved in the Adeptness project
I currently collaborate in private-funding projects with the following companies:
Previously, I worked in different research projects, including:
- HIFI-ELEMENTS - H2020 Project
- TESTOMAT - ITEA 3 Project
- SCRATCH - ITEA 3 Project
- TESEO - Basque Government funded project
- DIGITAL - Basque Government funded project
- PING - Regional project
I have also worked with other industrial private-funding projects with the following companies:
- Ulma Handling Systems
- Ulma Embedded Solutions
Blog and News
- I have been awarded with a Leonardo fellowship to carry out the DRAGON project, which will investigate on methods to debug and repair cyber-physical systems! Read the news
- My student Pablo Valle got interviewed by the Kitto newspaper (in Basque) for his recently published ICSE Student Research Competition paper. Check it here!
- Our paper “Using Machine Learning to Build Test Oracles: an Industrial Case Study of Elevators Dispatching Algorithms” got accepted at AST 2021 conference!
Looking for a PhD, Postdoc or other collaboration? Have a look at the opportunities!
Check my recent papers!
- Since 2021-2022 course, I teach “Software Engineering”, at bachelor degree level.
- I also teach yearly a seminar on “Methodological guidelines for the preparation of a doctoral dissertation”, at doctoral level.
- Since 2018 to 2020, I have been the lecturer of “Industrial Informatics” (4.5 ECTS), at bachelor degree level.
- At master level, I taughted the course “Verification and Validation of Embedded Systems” (6 ECTS), in 2018 and 2019
- I also taughted other subjects (e.g., Basic Programming) at different engineering degrees (Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, etc.)
Students and Postdoc Supervision
- Ernest Pobee (Postdoctoral fellow), since 2021
- Jon Ayerdi (PhD student), since 2020
- Eñaut Mendiluze (Master Student), since 2021
- Pablo Valle (Research Assistant), since 2019
- Jorge da Silva (Research Assitant), 2021
- Eñaut Mendiluze (Bachelor degree project), 2020-2021, in Simula Research Laboratory
- Joritz Galarraga (Bachelor degree project), 2020-2021, in Simula Research Laboratory
- Ander Zubizarreta (Bachelor degree project), 2021
I have reviewed in different journals, including:
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering
- Empirical Software Engineering
- Information and Software Technology
- Journal of Systems and Software
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
- Journal of Software Testing, Verification and Reliability
- Software and Systems Modeling
- Journal of Object Technology